The tale: 1001 oral tools in the language classroom
Whatever our cultural background, the tales have accompanied us all as children in our learning of the language. The tale therefore has its place in the language class. It promotes the work of oral and written expression, it also allows to approach the phonetics, the lexicon and the grammar. Fun and creative exercises will give FFL teachers practical tools
Format and pedagogy
The format of the courses:The duration of the training is 25 hours over 5 days 5 hours a day. A session is open from 6 participants, the content and format of our training courses are however customizable according to the specificities of each one. Our classes are usually made up of 8 to 12 students for better individualization of learning. The International College of Cannes also offers individual lessons for faster and more efficient learning.
- Dynamic animations based on progressive methods and scenarios
- Oral expression
- Written exercises
- English training course support
- Provision of a resource center for fun learning
In order to promote learning, we first carry out a linguistic assessment of our students, in order to better determine their levels, their needs and the concepts to be addressed as a priority. Our trainings are tailor-made, our teachers adapt their lessons and pedagogies according to the profile and needs of each one.
The topics covered during the training:
Focus on oral expression while remaining faithful to the structure of the tale:
- Will be offered: games and fun exercises as triggers for spontaneous stories and improvisation.
- Creation of more structured narratives and reflection on grammatical and lexical points: past tenses / comparison / description (relative ones)
Explore some popular tales:
- Reading of different versions of the same tale.
- The same tale around the world
- Recurring themes.
- Notion of point of view (ex: Little Red Riding Hood told by the wolf ...)
- Fairytale characters and their doubles in myths.
Create a tale and tell it:
- Spontaneity and improvisation
- Writing a story while respecting constraints.
- Mental image (show)
- Speech, rhythm and phonetics.
The International College has 120 rooms for its students.
We offer our students standard rooms fully equipped comfort rooms, in which you can stay alone or in a group.
For more information on our accommodation offer, see the page: Our campus
Teachers or future teachers of languages, French as a foreign language, or second language, French or foreign
Minimum A2 level in French and interest in communicative methods as defined in the CEFR
- From June 27 to 1 July 2022
- July 4-8, 2022
Sessions are open from 6 participants.
Registration closes 4 weeks before the start of the session.
This training can be financed by self-financing or via the financing program “Erasmus +'
450 € per person
* You are a university, a group or a company: Please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
The student will be assessed through a scenario, calling on the vocabulary and concepts mentioned in the course. A skills assessment sheet is given to each trainee allowing them to assess their skills. If the training is validated, a skills certificate will be given at the end of the course.
At the end of the training, each student receives:
- A support covering the main theoretical concepts discussed.
- The end-of-session evaluation sheet, attesting to the student's level.
Our quality labels
For any questions, quote request or reservation, please contact our team using the contact form.