Action! Learn how to guide your students in making a film with professional equipment and techniques, while promoting their language learning.
Format and pedagogy
The format of the courses:
The duration of the seminar is 25 hours over 5 days, for 5 hours a day. A session is open from 6 participants.
Seminars in small numbers to promote faster and more effective learning.
- Dynamic animations based on progressive methods and scenarios
- Oral expression
- Written exercises
- Training Support
A tailor-made seminar, during which the trainers adapt their pedagogy according to the profile and needs of each one.
The topics covered during the training:
Module 1: From theory to practice:
- Cinema grammar and vocabulary acquisition: Like a novel, the film is written with rules and punctuated.
- Writing a screenplay: Writing the screenplay. Choice of genre, theme, character settings, script questions
Module 2: Cinema culture:
- The history of the film festival and its relationship to the City of Cannes.
- The variation of the “festival” model applied to events in the City of Cannes: congresses, pyrotechnics, games and culture.
- Guided tour of the Palais des Festivals
- Film viewing and analysis
- Some theoretical bases: Mosjoukine effect, assembly, choice of technique ...
- Fun animation on cinema: the Cinephile game
The International College has 120 rooms, including standard rooms and fully equipped comfort rooms, in which you can stay alone or in a group.
For more information on our accommodation offer, see the page: Our campus
French or foreign language teachers or future teachers
No prerequisites in terms of technical knowledge are required. On the other hand, a real curiosity for an active pedagogy is required, as well as a minimum A2 level in French.
The level of French of the candidates will be defined following a language test, aimed at knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each in order to obtain better results.
For more information on the different language levels: Click here.
Sessions are open from 6 participants. Registration closes 4 weeks before the start of the session.
This training can be financed by self-financing or via the financing program “Erasmus +'
€ 1 per person
* You are a university, a group or a company: Please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
At the end of the training, each participant receives:
- A support covering the main theoretical concepts discussed.
- The end-of-session evaluation sheet, containing the concepts acquired during the seminar
Download the training sheet