blue economy student seminar
Do you want to complete your learning with a specialized seminar?
Our blue economy training covers marine and maritime activities and all other activities related to the land-sea interface. Professionalizing and contributing to the sustainable development, preservation and responsible use of the marine environment, chis training on the blue economy, in partnership with our prestigious partner, the International University of the Sea (UIM) which offers short and professional training, applied to seafaring trades, will allow you to acquire knowledge and skills in a rapidly growing field.
Format and pedagogy
The format of the courses:
Our classes are usually made up of 8 to 12 students for better individualization of learning. The International College of Cannes also offers individual courses for faster and more efficient learning.
- Dynamic animations based on progressive methods and scenarios
- Written exercises
- Provision of a resource center for fun and immersive learning
In order to promote learning, we first carry out a linguistic assessment of our students, in order to better determine their levels, their needs and the concepts to be addressed as a priority.
The topics covered during the training:
The history of the maritimization of the world and the new challenges
- History and geopolitics
- New socioeconomic and sustainable development challenges
- Global warming
The Law of the Sea and SDG14
- Law of the sea, EEZs (exclusive economic zone), IMO
Marine Sciences, Oceanography and Hydrography
- Biodiversity, functioning, evolution and conservation of marine ecosystems
- Hydrography and processing of bathymetric and oceanographic data
- Fishing industry
Maritime transport and ports
- Maritime transport
- The ports
Construction industry and shipyards
- Construction and shipyards
- Dismantling of ships
- Coastal tourism and cruises
- Management of coastal areas
Yachting, great yachting and boating
- Yachting and great yachting
Renewable marine energies (MRE)
- Energies in the world
The sea in art and culture
- The sea in art and culture
The International College has 120 rooms for its students.
We offer our students standard rooms fully equipped comfort rooms, in which you can stay alone or in a group.
For more information on our accommodation offer, see the page: Our campus
This training is aimed at anyone wishing to improve their level of French, while developing new skills in a specialized and promising field.
Conditions of admission :
- Non-French speaking foreign students with a Bachelor's degree equivalent
- A2 level in French
- Wishing to follow an initiation into the sustainable Blue Economy
The candidates' level of French will be defined following a language test, this test also aims to know the strengths and weaknesses of the students in order to adapt our program or pedagogy, for better results.
For more information on the different language levels: Click here.
It is possible to integrate a course throughout the year, depending on the number of students present.
In addition, new classes can be created on request.
For more information, please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
This training is self-financing:
* You are a university, a group or a company: Please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Halfway through the training: written assessment in the form of multiple choice questions.
The items concern:
- Language points: sentence to be completed with the word or expression that best suits.
- Cultural points: affirmation that suits best.
At the end of the training: Bright Language Certification
Work on linguistic forms (grammar, vocabulary) and cultural notions necessary to achieve each objective.
Applications: scenarios, role plays, cultural immersions
Documents and materials for trainees
Collective correction / improvement and argumentation
Visual documents: books, slides, digital images and video
The training is led by specialized trainers
Download the training sheet
Our quality labels
For any questions, quote request or reservation, please contact our team using the contact form.