Couturier Retoucher training and certification (Luxury & International Specialty)
The designer in the fashion and luxury workshop manufactures small and medium-sized series of warp and weft, fuzzy or structured, or cut-and-sew knit garments, essentially feminine, for luxury ready-to-wear.
The evolution of demand towards more and more complex and multi-material garments requires the couturier to have significant expertise and agility of mind. The dressmaker in the fashion and luxury workshop prepares and assembles, then assembles series of sub-assemblies from previously cut fabrics, such as silk, satin, embroidery, cashmere, and/or cut-and-sewn knits and/or materials flexible.
The work begins with the organization of the workstation to efficiently produce luxury ready-to-wear quality pieces, it contributes to the different stages of clothing manufacturing by mobilizing the different techniques used in luxury.
Format and pedagogy
The format of the courses:
- Number of hours in the center: 438h
- Number of hours in business: 252h
- Number of hours in total: 690h
The technical platform is located:
Denis Durand Academy
6 rue Tracastel
The English lessons and the lessons of module 1 as well as the follow-up and preparation interviews for the title take place:
International College of Cannes
1 avenue du Doctor Alexandre Pascal
- Alternating theoretical content and practice
- Individualization of courses
- Accompaniment by the referent of the structure
- Contractualize a service of creation of made-to-measure women's clothing or alterations in an international environment
- Make an advisory sale for the unit creation of a garment or an alteration
- Establish the selling price of a unitary creation of a garment or an alteration
- Design custom women's clothing
- Build the base of a garment
- Building and validating the fabric of a garment
- Make a garment pattern
- Carry out the manufacture of made-to-measure women's clothing and alterations
- Cut components of a garment
- Prepare and assemble sub-assemblies of a garment
- Realize the assembly of a garment
- Finishing off a garment
- Alter a garment
Targeted audience :
Conditions of admission :
- Level B1 of French.
Validation of a professional project upstream.
Skills adapted to the professional environment
Methods and deadlines for access to training:
Admission after interview, admission after test
The training is open all year round.
For more information, please contact us (contact form at the bottom of the page)
8 300 €
- Individual funding
- Funding Career transition project
- Oral and/or written evaluation during the training
- Mock exams
- Evaluation of the period in business
- In-training control
- Final exam
Validation of the professional title couturier retoucher Preparation of the professional integration project
The training is led by specialized trainers.
Download the training sheet
The International College has 120 rooms for its students.
We offer our students standard rooms fully equipped comfort rooms, in which you can stay alone or in a group.
For more information on our accommodation offer, see the page: Our campus
Our quality labels
For any questions, quote request or reservation, please contact our team using our contact form.