blue economy student seminar
Our Blue Economy training covers ocean, maritime and all other activities related to the land-sea interface. We will review all the socio-economic and ecological aspects of 72% of the surface of our planet, the ocean.
Professionalizing, contributing to the sustainable development, preservation and responsible exploitation of the marine environment, this training on the Blue Economy, in partnership with our partner, theInternational University of the Sea (UIM), which offers short and professional training courses applied to maritime professions, will allow you to acquire knowledge and skills in a field experiencing very strong growth and demand for talent.
Format and pedagogy
The duration of the training is 50 hours:
- 34 hours of lessons in 20 modules
- 16 hours of committee work
In addition : an accompanied visit to the port of Cannes and several educational activities at the Oceanographic Center of Monaco.
Students will be able to visit the port of CANNES – yachting and boating port – and attend a conference. This activity will be carried out during one afternoon during the week.
- Dynamic animations based on progressive methods and scenarios. The speakers are professors, scientists, politicians and economic operators who are experts in their field related to the Blue Economy.
- Oral expression
- Written exercises in committees (4 to 10 students)
- Webinars with experts
In order to promote learning and dialogue, this training is only open to students with a minimum B2 level of French.
The topics covered during the training:
- History and geopolitics
- New geopolitical, socio-economic and sustainable development challenges
- Global warming
- SDGs, SDG 14
- The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) and the various marine spaces
- IMO (International Maritime Organization) and the safety and security of maritime transport
- Biodiversity, evolution and conservation of marine ecosystems
- Hydrography and processing of bathymetric and oceanographic data
- The fishing industry
- Maritime transport
- Ports and Harbors
- Shipbuilding and shipyards
- Ship dismantling
- Energies in the world
- Marine Renewable Energy – MRE
- Coastal tourism and cruises
- Management of coastal areas
- Yachting and recreational boats
- Water sports and water-based leisure activities
The themes of the committees' work will be linked to some of the above modules.
This training is aimed at anyone wishing to improve their level of French, while developing new skills in a specialized and promising field.
Conditions of admission :
- Non-French speaking foreign students with a Bachelor's degree equivalent
- B2 level in French
- Wishing to follow an initiation into the sustainable Blue Economy
The candidates' level of French will be defined following a language test, this test also aims to know the strengths and weaknesses of the students in order to adapt our program or pedagogy, for better results.
For more information on the different language levels: Click here.
It is possible to integrate a course throughout the year, depending on the number of students present.
In addition, new classes can be created on request.
For more information, please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
This training is self-financing:
* You are a university, a group or a company: Please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Halfway through the training: written assessment in the form of multiple choice questions.
The items concern:
- Language points: sentence to be completed with the word or expression that best suits.
- Cultural points: affirmation that suits best.
At the end of the training: Bright Language Certification
Work on linguistic forms (grammar, vocabulary) and cultural notions necessary to achieve each objective.
Applications: scenarios, role plays, cultural immersions
Documents and materials for trainees
Collective correction / improvement and argumentation
Visual documents: books, slides, digital images and video
The training is led by specialized trainers
Download the training sheet
The pedagogical team
Each module is taught by an eminent expert, Senior Professor, Lecturer, PhD or operator recognized in his field. You will find below some of them.
The International College has 120 rooms for its students.
We offer our students standard rooms fully equipped comfort rooms, in which you can stay alone or in a group.
For more information on our accommodation offer, see the page: Our campus
Our quality labels
For any questions, quote request or reservation, please contact our team using the contact form.