TRAINING art broker
Are you fascinated by art galleries? Are you passionate about auctions? Luxury and its know-how you attract? Are the “Young Timers” your business? Become Art Advisor, Broker-Conseil en art! Intermediate professional between the auctioneer, the antique dealer and the gallery owner, the broker-consultant unearths the best pieces, in the most diverse types (ethnic, design, object of collection, urban art ...) and enhances them to optimize the investment of its customers. The business is growing steadily: + 35% in 5 years! It's time to get started!
The Art Advisor profession is a new art profession, which has been growing strongly since 2010.
The main mission of a broker-consultant is to bring his practical knowledge of the art market to his clients. He supports them in defining and defining with them a strategy for acquiring, or even renting, works of art, but also collector's items, depending on the project, the duration and the resources allocated. He uses his knowledge of Art History and Art markets, but also, if necessary and feasible, a network of service providers (craftsmen, fixers, etc.).
Highly qualified intermediary, in charge of locating, supplying and promoting works of art and collectibles, this professional must anticipate trends, reversals in values and anticipate contingencies. The profession of art Advisor offers more flexibility than does the professions of auctioneer, court expert or antique dealer, due to a less restrictive legal framework. He can thus exercise on this activity alone or on the fringes of other activities.
True strategist of the relationship that his client will maintain with art pieces or collectibles, the art broker-consultant must:
Format and pedagogy
The format of the courses:
The duration of the training is 10 hours, spread over 2 days.
Our classes are usually made up of 8 to 12 students for better individualization of learning. The International College of Cannes also offers individual courses for faster and more efficient learning.
- Theoretical and practical contributions
The topics covered during the training:
DAY # 1: Valuation methods
- The vintage phenomenon: the three valuation methods to increase your margin!
- “False Negatives”: identification, selection and pitfalls to avoid. Learn to "smell" the right investment ...
in the failures of others.
- Invest 3%… Value at + 130%: the "magic ratio" of scarcity
- Push / Pull Strategies: How to Generate and Increase the Leverage of a Trend to Your Profit
- Social and media promotion: exposure, product placement, co-branding
DAY # 2: Legal framework
- Legal framework of the advisory broker: flexibility and limits
- Art & Collection Sourcing: establish a formal and informal watch. Professional advice on where and how to find the "right things" in art and collections.
- Unique business or ecosystem: how to make the right choice
- Related professions and partners: wealth enriches
The International College has 120 rooms for its students.
We offer our students standard rooms fully equipped comfort rooms, in which you can stay alone or in a group.
For more information on our accommodation offer, see the page: Our campus
This training is aimed at any adult wishing to exercise a profession that is socially and financially rewarding, alone or as part of an art brokerage firm.
Conditions of admission :
- Intermediate knowledge in Art History
- Basic knowledge in Law and Marketing.
- Access to information
- Ability to establish a monitoring procedure on an identified topic.
- B2 level (advanced) in French
Assimilable level: Bac à Master 2
The level of the candidates will be defined following a language test, this test also aims to know the strengths and weaknesses of the students in order to adapt our program or pedagogy, for better results.
For more information on the different language levels:
It is possible to integrate a course throughout the year, depending on the number of students present.
In addition, new classes can be created on request.
For more information, please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
You can finance this training by self-financing, or OPCO companies.
10h training (over 2 days):
650 € per person, inter-company
* For an intra-company service: Please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
A final simulation session, using the concepts mentioned in the course
A skills assessment sheet is given to each trainee allowing them to assess their skills.
Documents and materials for trainees
Each trainee will be given a training certificate at the end of the session.
The training is led by specialized trainers.
Download the training sheet:
Our quality labels
For any questions, quote request or reservation, please contact our team using our contact form.